- Organic Fine Chemicals
- Flame Retardants
- Rubber and Plastic Chemicals
- Paint, Ink , Coating and Adhesive Chemicals
- Food and Feed Additives
- Cosmetic and Detergent Chemicals
- Oil & Gas Drilling Chemicals
- Water Treatment Chemicals
- High Quality(High purity) Solvents
- Metals and Mining Chemicals
- Construction Chemicals
Chemical Name: Sodium Formate
Synonym: Natrium formiat ;Sodium formatehydrate; Formic acid sodium salt; Mravencan sodny; Salachlor
CAS No.: 141-53-7
Molecular Formula: HCOONa
There are two kinds of sodium formate , synthesis and byproduct. And the forms of sodium formate , are powder , guanular, liquid. Its melting point is 253oC.
Sodium formate is non-toxic to humans. Non-corrosive, non-flammable. normally stored under safe, hygroscopicity, easy to deliquescence, storage and transportation process should pay attention to moisture .caking case of moisture absorption does not change when the nature of the product,after crushing normal use.
White crystal powder
Light yellow or White crystal
Sodium formate % min
Organic Substance % max
Content of Fe % max
Chloride % max
1. Widely used in completion fluid in oil field and early strength of cement.
2.Leather industry, chrome tanning method in camouflage acid.
3.For the synthesis of catalysts and stability agent.
4.Printing and dyeing industry, reducing agent.
5.For the production of sodium hydrosulfite,oxalic acid and formic acid.
6. Food additive (E237) as a buffering agent for strong mineral acids to increase their pH.
In 25kgs or 1000kgs net polywoven bag, inner with PE bag inside.
Stored in dry warehouses, avoiding bumping and moisture.